One of our favorite activities is making music (although I have to admit there are times I wish I had ear plugs). We have a growing collection of instruments we love to play including a keyboard, triangle, tambourine and bottle shakers. The shakers can be filled with just about any small objects you have. It’s fun to experiment with all the different sounds you can make. Here’s how to make these fun bottle shakers.
What you need:
- water bottles and caps(I used small pod size but any size will work)
- hot glue or krazy glue
- small objects – small pasta, dry beans, lentils, rice, beads, pop corn kernels, gravel, small shells, paper clips
After the water bottles are empty, peel the labels off and let them dry overnight without the caps.
- Use the funnel to fill each water bottle a little less than halfway with the small objects.
- Either krazy glue or hot glue the cap tightly on the bottle.
- Let the bottles sit for an hour to give the glue time to dry.
- Make sure there is no glue left from either where you removed the label or the cap.
- Time to shake it up!
Favorite Book About Music
Baby’s Big World: Music by Rob DelGaudio