As the holidays are approaching, I have been thinking about what my daughter can make to give as gifts. I wanted her to be the artist, not just a hand or foot print tuned into something. I had to get creative since she isn’t quite ready for finger painting. Maybe next year! So that’s how I ended up with mess free art using washable paint and a plastic bag. We worked with washable finger paint incase it leaked out of the bag but it would work well with any washable paint.
I experimented using different amounts of paint. With less paint we got almost a tye dye effect and with more paint it turned out with bright colors and lots of texture.
What You Need:
- 8″ x 10″ canvas panel
- gallon size plastic bag with zipper
- washable finger paint or any washable paint
- Put some paint on the canvas. ( I found a little more than a quarter size works well if using several colors)
- Carefully put the canvas with the paint in the plastic bag and zipper it shut.
- Let your child draw and design away.
When your child is done it is best to remove the canvas while the paint is still wet.
- Open the zipper on the plastic bag.
- Cut 1/2 inch off each side.
- Carefully peel the plastic off the top and remove from the plastic bag.
- Let the canvas dry overnight.
Some of the best ways to display the art work.
- Put it in a picture frame
- put in on an easel stand
- attach a ribbon using hot glue to hang it up